Sharing on Social Media

Sharing on Social Media-Kailey Marie DesignsOne year ago {this past weekend} I began this blogging journey! I haven’t dedicated as much time as I thought I would writing posts, and I don’t really consider myself a “blogger,” but it’s been fun! And having my own dedicated space got me thinking a little extra about a few things. Specifically finding the balance between being open and honest, and keeping certain things to myself.

For me, sharing on social media is about creating a space that is inspiring and honest. I want people to walk away feeling happy and motivated by what I share. But also know that I am human, and our life is not perfect. There is a lot that happens day to day and sometimes it’s hard to put all of it into words. I choose to be open, but I am also very mindful of what I share.

Social media plays a pretty big role in todays world, and it’s hard not to get caught up in it. I’ve made the decision to intertwine my stationery business and family life on different social platforms because both of those things define who I am. And the thought of managing separate accounts sounds awful. But with this decision comes the inevitable overthinking of what to share, when to share it and when to keep quiet. 

While I want to be transparent and relatable, I also don’t think that means I have to share every…single… detail of our life on social media. So, as I continue sharing and {hopefully!} inspiring with my work and words, I need you to always remember…

Just because I don’t always post the messy, hard to talk about stuff on social media, doesn’t mean none of it happens. 

Sharing on Social Media-Kailey Marie DesignsFor every adorable thing my kids do, they still fight, throw epic tantrums and drive me to my breaking point. Sometimes I feed them macaroni and cheese two days in a row, and calm their chaos with a Starbucks cake pop. I do things by the “parenting book” only 25% of the time. The other 75% I’m barely keeping my head above water; frazzled, dirty hair, operating on too much coffee and less than enough sleep. My husband and I argue about the small stuff {and the big stuff!}. He’s a budget-maker and I’m a budget-breaker. Stress, exhaustion and disagreement accompany all of the joy and pride that comes with our finished projects and accomplishments. And I go to the grocery store at least four times a week because I can never seem to remember everything on the first trip. Or second, or third.

So while we do a lot of cute, fun, seemingly put together things; we also balance it out with a lot of the opposite. Because that is real life, people! And I don’t want you to feel that I’m alluding to perfection when I don’t find social media an appropriate place to divulge things like the details of an argument I had with my husband. BWAHA. Can you imagine?! 

I read a blog post back in January and it has resonated with me all year. She says perfectly what I’m getting at…

“There are a lot of things that I just choose not to talk about here, but that doesn’t mean we don’t experience them. Pain, loss, worry, anxiety, defeat and guilt are things that are going on in our lives, and in the lives of people we love. For every moment captured or story written, there are thousands more untold.” –Jessica Garvin

I hope you’ll continue reading, following and engaging here. Making connections and interacting with all of you is truly what makes all of this so fun. Cheers to another year filled with lots of inspiration, honesty and pretty paper! Happy Thanksgiving week, friends! XO, KM

Images courtesy of Mixed Nuts Photography


6 thoughts on “Sharing on Social Media

  1. Lulu

    Beautifully spoken! Congratulations on your one year anniversary of “Blogging”
    Love you and all of your inspiration !

  2. Anna

    Ahh congrats on one year of blogging! There is nothing I enjoy more than waking up to an email about a new post, so proud of you and all you do!

  3. Julie

    Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! So proud of you. I love seeing what you all are up to. Thanks for starting this blog and inspiring all of us. xoxoxox (I miss our pretzels, wine and edamame times…)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *